Tuesday, August 30, 2011

15 dana, and counting ...

1972


Confession. I’ve been holding out. Big time. I’m so overwhelmed with all there is to see here in Croatia that I’ve not been able to digest, let alone post, as quickly as I would like to. Which might be why my being stranded in Zagreb for another week was meant to be.

You see, due to the storm-formerly-know-as Hurricane Irene, my flight back to NYC last Saturday was cancelled. Which meant that I was able to go to the Britanski antiques market here on Sunday. As I said, meant to be. I found a bunch of issues of an arts and culture magazine called 15 dana which means “15 days.” That’s exactly how long I’d been in the country, as of Sunday. I guess what I’m trying to say is that it was meant to be.

The covers here are from the 1960s and 70s. There’s lots of great stuff inside as well--avant garde film, industrial design, Bohumil Stepan illustration, etc. But for now, the covers.

November 1969


March 1971


December 1969


1963


June-July 1966


1965


March 1966


February 1968

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails